Tesla car wash mode is a feature that was introduced in an over-the-air software update (v2021.24.4) for Tesla’s range of electric vehicles. It is a convenience feature that allows Tesla owners to bulk enable/disable certain features of the car when washing or taking it to an automated car wash with a conveyor belt.
The car wash mode feature is pretty straightforward. To enable it, the vehicle must be stationary and not actively charging. Once enabled, the car wash mode keeps the vehicle in neutral and activates free roll for the duration of the wash, while preventing the car from applying the parking brake if the driver leaves the seat. This is particularly useful for Tesla owners who regularly take their vehicles to automated car washes and want to avoid any potential damage that could be caused by the car’s sensors.
Overall, Tesla car wash mode is a feature that provides convenience and peace of mind to Tesla owners when washing their vehicles. With this feature, they can easily disable certain features of the car to avoid any potential damage during the wash. The feature is easy to use and can be enabled with just a few taps on the car’s touchscreen display.
Table of Contents
Tesla Car Wash Mode Overview
Tesla Car Wash Mode is a feature that comes in handy when taking your Tesla to an automatic car wash. This feature is available for all Model 3, Model Y, and the redesigned Model S and Model X vehicles. The older Model S and Model X models do not have this feature.
When the Car Wash Mode is enabled, it closes all windows, locks the charge port, and disables windshield wipers, Sentry Mode, walk-away door locking, and parking sensor chimes. The car also shifts to Neutral to prevent the parking brake from automatically applying if the driver leaves the car.
To enable Car Wash Mode, the vehicle must be stationary and not actively charging. The driver can access it by touching Controls > Service > Car Wash Mode on the vehicle’s touchscreen. Once the car wash is finished, the driver must disable Car Wash Mode to restore the vehicle’s normal settings.
It is important to note that Car Wash Mode does not make the vehicle completely waterproof. Tesla recommends avoiding high-pressure water sprays directly on the cameras, sensors, and charging port. The driver should also avoid water getting inside the vehicle’s interior and electronic components.
Overall, Tesla Car Wash Mode is a useful feature that simplifies the car washing process for Tesla owners. By enabling this feature, they can ensure that their car is protected during the car wash and avoid any potential damages.
Functionality of Tesla Car Wash Mode
Tesla Car Wash Mode is a feature that allows Tesla owners to prepare their vehicles for a car wash. It is available for all Model 3 and Model Y vehicles, as well as the redesigned Model S and Model X. The feature is not available for the older Model S or Model X models.
When the Car Wash Mode is enabled, it closes all windows, locks the charge port, and disables windshield wipers, Sentry Mode, walk-away door locking, and parking sensor chimes. This ensures that the car is not damaged during the car wash process.
To enable Car Wash Mode, the driver must touch Controls > Service > Car Wash Mode on the touchscreen display. The vehicle must be stationary and not actively charging.
In addition to the main Car Wash Mode feature, two other buttons appear on the screen: Screen Clean Mode and Fold Mirrors. Screen Clean Mode allows the driver to clean the touchscreen display without affecting other settings, while Fold Mirrors allows the driver to fold the side mirrors to prevent them from getting damaged during the car wash.
It is important to note that while Car Wash Mode is designed to protect the car during a car wash, it does not guarantee that the car will not be damaged. Tesla recommends that owners only use touchless car washes and avoid using automatic car washes with brushes or harsh chemicals.
Overall, Tesla Car Wash Mode is a useful feature that helps protect the car during a car wash. However, it is important for owners to use caution and follow Tesla’s recommendations to avoid any potential damage to their vehicle.
Benefits of Using Tesla Car Wash Mode
Tesla Car Wash Mode provides a variety of benefits for Tesla owners who want to keep their vehicles clean and well-maintained. Here are a few of the key benefits:
Protects Your Car from Damage
Car washes can be harsh on vehicles, especially those with sensitive sensors or cameras. Tesla Car Wash Mode helps protect your car from damage by disabling features like Sentry Mode, which can trigger alarms and cause unnecessary wear and tear on your car’s systems.
Simplifies the Car Wash Process
With Tesla Car Wash Mode, you don’t have to worry about manually adjusting your car’s settings before entering a car wash. The mode takes care of everything for you, including closing your car’s windows, locking the charge port, and disabling features like windshield wipers and parking sensor chimes.
Saves Time and Effort
By automating the car wash process, Tesla Car Wash Mode saves you time and effort. You don’t have to worry about manually adjusting your car’s settings or cleaning up afterwards. Instead, you can sit back and relax while your car gets cleaned.
Car washes can be dangerous places, especially if you’re not familiar with the process. Tesla Car Wash Mode helps improve safety by limiting your car’s speed to below 10 mph and disabling features like your wipers, which can get tangled in the car wash’s felt strips.
Overall, Tesla Car Wash Mode provides a variety of benefits for Tesla owners who want to keep their vehicles clean and well-maintained. By protecting your car from damage, simplifying the car wash process, saving time and effort, and improving safety, Tesla Car Wash Mode is a valuable tool for any Tesla owner.
Tesla is known for its products that are environmentally friendly and innovative. Tesla’s goal is…
Updated: 28th of June, 2023 Are you looking for a tesla referral code in 2023?…
Tesla, the electric car company based in California, has made a big splash with its…
Planning a road trip in a Tesla requires some extra considerations compared to a traditional…
The Tesla Roadster is an all-electric supercar that maximizes the potential of aerodynamic engineering. With…
The car is known for its sleek, futuristic design and how much it costs. But…
How to Activate Tesla Car Wash Mode
Tesla Car Wash Mode is a feature that allows drivers to safely pass their Tesla through an automated car wash or wash it themselves at home. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to activate Tesla Car Wash Mode:
- Open the Tesla mobile app and select your Tesla vehicle.
- Tap on the “Controls” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the “Car Wash Mode” option and tap on it.
- A prompt will appear asking you to confirm that you want to activate Car Wash Mode. Tap “Yes” to proceed.
- Once Car Wash Mode is activated, the exterior cameras will be turned off, the parking sensors will be muted, and the automatic wipers will be disabled. This will prevent any false alarms or unwanted actions during the car wash process.
- After the car wash or self-wash is complete, simply turn off Car Wash Mode by tapping on the same option in the Controls tab.
It’s important to note that activating Car Wash Mode will also disable the automatic wipers, so it’s recommended to manually turn them on during the wash process to ensure proper cleaning. Additionally, Tesla recommends using a touchless car wash or washing the vehicle by hand to avoid any potential damage to the paint or sensors.
Overall, activating Tesla Car Wash Mode is a simple process that can help ensure a safe and stress-free car wash experience.
Common Issues and Troubleshooting
Problem Solving Tips
Tesla Car Wash Mode is a useful feature that can help Tesla owners keep their vehicles clean. However, like any new technology, it can sometimes experience issues. Here are some common problems that users may encounter and tips on how to troubleshoot them.
- Car Wash Mode not working: If Car Wash Mode is not working, try resetting the system by turning off the vehicle and then turning it back on again. If this does not work, check to ensure that the vehicle is stationary and not actively charging. If the problem persists, contact Tesla customer support for assistance.
- Vehicle still dirty after car wash: If the vehicle is still dirty after using Car Wash Mode, it may be due to the type of car wash being used. Tesla advises against using automatic car washes that use brushes or harsh chemicals, as these can damage the vehicle’s paint and finish. Instead, use touchless car washes that use high-pressure water and soap.
- Charge port door not unlocking: If the charge port door is not unlocking after using Car Wash Mode, try unlocking it manually using the touchscreen or the key fob. If this does not work, check to ensure that the vehicle is in Park mode and that the charge port is not obstructed.
- Wipers not turning off: If the wipers do not turn off after using Car Wash Mode, try turning them off manually using the touchscreen or the wiper stalk. If this does not work, check to ensure that the vehicle is in Park mode and that the wipers are not obstructed.
- Sentry Mode not turning back on: If Sentry Mode does not turn back on after using Car Wash Mode, try turning it on manually using the touchscreen or the Tesla app. If this does not work, check to ensure that the vehicle is in Park mode and that the Sentry Mode settings are configured correctly.
In summary, Tesla Car Wash Mode can be a helpful tool for keeping your vehicle clean, but it may experience issues from time to time. By following these tips and troubleshooting steps, users can resolve common problems and enjoy the benefits of this feature.
Tesla Maintenance and Care Tips
To keep your Tesla looking its best, it’s important to maintain a regular cleaning routine. Here are some maintenance and care tips to help you keep your Tesla in top condition.
When washing your Tesla, it’s important to use a gentle soap and avoid harsh chemicals that could damage the paint or trim. Tesla recommends using a pH-neutral soap and avoiding any solutions with a pH above 13.
After washing, it’s important to rinse the car thoroughly with clean water to prevent soap from drying on the surfaces. Dry the car thoroughly with a chamois to prevent water spots from forming. If necessary, dry the brakes by going on a short drive and applying the brakes multiple times.
To clean the exterior glass on your Tesla, use a gentle glass cleaner and a microfiber towel. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could scratch or damage the glass.
For the interior glass, Tesla recommends using a clean, dry microfiber towel to remove any smudges or fingerprints. Avoid using any cleaning solutions on the interior glass, as they could damage the anti-glare coating.
Wheels and Tires
To clean the wheels and tires on your Tesla, use a gentle wheel cleaner and a soft-bristled brush. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could scratch or damage the wheels or tires.
After cleaning the wheels and tires, it’s important to dry them thoroughly to prevent water spots from forming.
Car Wash Mode
Tesla’s Car Wash Mode is a helpful feature that prepares your car for a touchless car wash. To activate Car Wash Mode, go to Car Controls > Service > Car Wash Mode. This will close the windows and sunroof, disable the windshield wipers, and activate the air suspension to its highest setting.
It’s important to note that Car Wash Mode is not recommended for use with traditional car washes that use brushes or other physical contact. Tesla recommends using only touchless car washes or washing your car by hand.
By following these maintenance and care tips, you can keep your Tesla looking its best and protect its value for years to come.
Tesla Car Wash Mode: User Experiences
Tesla Car Wash Mode is a feature that allows Tesla owners to safely go through an automatic car wash without worrying about the car’s safety or getting stuck in the wash. The feature was introduced in the 2021.24.4 software update and has been a welcome addition for many Tesla owners.
Several Tesla owners have shared their experiences with the Car Wash Mode feature. Here are some of their experiences:
- One Tesla owner noted that the feature works seamlessly and makes going through the car wash a breeze. The owner also mentioned that the car wash mode feature is easy to enable and disable, which is a plus.
- Another Tesla owner noted that the car wash mode feature is a little confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a great addition. The owner also mentioned that the feature provides a sense of security and peace of mind when going through the car wash.
- A few Tesla owners have noted that the car wash mode feature is not necessary for all car washes. Some car washes have attendants who can put the car in neutral and turn off the parking brake, which achieves the same result as the car wash mode feature.
- Some Tesla owners have also noted that the car wash mode feature can be a little finicky at times. For example, if the car is not perfectly centered in the car wash, the feature may not work as intended.
Overall, Tesla Car Wash Mode has been a positive addition for many Tesla owners. While it may not be necessary for all car washes, it provides a sense of security and peace of mind when going through an automatic car wash.
Here’s a video tutorial
Tesla Car Wash Mode is a useful feature that ensures the safety of your car during automated or manual washing. It is a simple yet effective checklist that can be activated with just a few taps on the touchscreen.
One of the advantages of Tesla Car Wash Mode is that it prevents accidental movement of the car during washing, which can cause damage to the vehicle or the washing equipment. Additionally, it protects the car’s sensors and cameras from being damaged by water or soap.
However, it is important to note that Tesla Car Wash Mode is not foolproof. It is still recommended to use touchless car washes, as some automated car washes can still cause damage to the car’s exterior. It is also important to avoid using soap or chemicals with a pH level above 13, as they can cause discoloration of the decorative exterior trim.
Overall, Tesla Car Wash Mode is a useful feature that can help protect your car during washing. While it is not a replacement for proper car maintenance and care, it is a valuable tool that can help ensure the longevity of your Tesla.